MY Consultants has an established track record of supporting HEIs to develop current and future leaders. Our leadership development programmes provide a challenging and intensive development experience, and combine a mix of learning approaches including:
- learning modules introducing staff to key leadership concepts. The aim of these modules is to prompt discussions relating to organisational and sector mindsets, as well as ways of achieving organisational outcomes.
- 360-degree feedback (either using the organisation’s behavioural framework or bespoke frameworks developed by MY Consultants). This is coupled with one-to-one feedback with a focus on enhancing self-awareness and identifying individual development goals.
- peer learning, as a way of exploring, in a confidential and supportive environment, the challenges that participants face when carrying out their leadership roles.
- one-to-one coaching sessions to support individuals in overcoming limiting mindsets and behaviours. This in turn enables them to lead more effectively.
- organisational focused project delivery. This provides participants with opportunities to experiment with their leadership and to build strong cohorts of peers. Many of the projects delivered through development programmes have resulted in the delivery of tangible change within organisations.
Programmes that MY Consultants have recently delivered include:
- the ‘Future Leaders’ programme for a Russell Group university working with individuals who have organisation-wide leadership roles.
- the “Leadership of Curriculum Enhancement” programme for a Russell Group University.
- a leadership programme for individuals responsible for the delivery of the Research Excellence Framework in a research-intensive university.
- research leadership programmes for newly appointed academics to support them in their transition from independent to researcher to group leader.
- the leadership excellence programme for senior staff, including members of the university executive group.