Our experience of leadership and management development programmes tells us that the appropriate use of psychometric tools and 360-degree feedback can be particularly valuable to participants. As a result, we regularly use these tools in our workshops. They also play a part in coaching, as they help individuals to challenge and question default approaches and mindsets. Working in partnership with our clients, we select the most appropriate tool for the situation and support participants in gaining optimally from any given tool.
At MY Consultants we are accredited to use a range of tools including:
- Myres-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) steps 1 and 2: One of the most frequently used tools across the training and development sector is the MBTI. We use it as an integral part of our programmes for new managers as it supports participants in understanding difference and the challenges of managing a range of individuals.
- FIRO Element B: This tool explores individuals’ approaches to inclusion, openness and control. It can provide managers with further insights about their behaviour and, in particular, can help leaders explore their approaches to trust.
- 360-degree feedback: We work with organisations to develop 360-degree feedback processes which reflect the contexts that participants work in. For example, in a recent project we designed a 360-degree feedback process around a client’s organisational leadership expectations. We administered this by way of a bespoke online process.
- HAY leadership styles: This quickly administered tool is based upon the work of Daniel Goleman. It allows individuals to compare their approach with what (they perceive) is required by the context of the organisation. It allows mismatches in leadership style to be highlighted.
- Thomas Killman conflict mode instrument: This tool helps people to understand how to adapt their behaviour so that they may be more effective at resolving conflict.
- EQi2.0: This is one of the leading emotional intelligence tools, exploring 15 elements of emotional intelligence. We use EQi2.0 primarily during leadership development coaching.
No matter which tool is used, we design and build programmes that bring them to life and allow participants to find real value in them.